We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks, Gomexico! Another hotel question for you!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thanks, Gomexico! Another hotel question for you!

Thanks for your help, Gomexico. I'm afraid I'm hooked on the concept of AC. Also, windows that open.

Although I was really interested in Posada Viena and CasaGonzalez, they do not have AC; and I want to have that option in case it gets hot. I also want a hotel where the windows open.

I have spent hours looking at the hotels in this site and reading the forums. My hangup is the AC and opening windows requirements. That gets me into the really expensive properties, which I do not want.

I currently am looking into Mision Zona Rosa. Although it's rated here way up in the 70's (no reviews since 2004), it says it has both AC and windows that open, and the reviews two years ago (3 of them) were good.

Do you know anything about this hotel? I think it's slightly outside of the Zona Rosa area.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks, Gomexico! Another hotel question for you!

Sorry, but I don't know anything about the hotel other than what's posted on various websites. Air conditioning is uncommon in most of Mexico City but I believe hotel room windows open in places where there is no air. I'll do some thinking about other possibilities for you. You already understand that hotels with air conditioning tend to charge quite a bit more than hotels without - so don't be surprised at prices you might be quoted. Hopefully, others familiar with the city will join in with some suggestions, also.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks, Gomexico! Another hotel question for you!

Thanks again. I'm going to keep looking--and, hopefully, someone else will pitch in.

By the way, do you live in Chicago? My son lives there (is attending Columbia College). From your depth of knowledge of Mexico City, I thought you lived there (Mexico City)...and were the resident expert!

My son lives by Wriggly Stadium. (What a bother...with the games.)

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks, Gomexico! Another hotel question for you!

I live in Chicago, and travel in Mexico. I lived and worked in Mexico City, though . . . and have been traveling through Mexico for about 37 years now. Mexico City and Acapulco are places in Mexico I most frequently comment about, as well as Chicago and sometimes Toronto (which I visit and where I have family living).

I've uploaded to online albums some of the photographs I've taken when traveling in Mexico. When you have some free time you might enjoy having a look:

community.webshots.com/user/billmasterson