We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City Gay scene

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Acapulco
Level Contributor
16 posts
Mexico City Gay scene

El Taller closed that had been there for years as established gay bar, where does everyone now go since that bar is closed, I liked the crowd.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
133 reviews
1. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

Tom's Leather Bar at Insurgentes 357 is Great. Don't let the name scare you. It's about as S&M as McDonalds.

C/ Amberes in the Zona Rosa has many gay bars, stores and cafes.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
721 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

also try the new vaquero just beside the closed taller it is cowboy style bar

Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

Can you tell me a little more about Tom's Leather Bar? I'm doing some research on the gay scene in Mexico City. I read that they have Go Go dancers and DJs. Any other interesting details?

Thanks so much!

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
542 reviews
4. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

The go-go boys dance on the bar and do take it all off.

The DJ plays but it is not a dance club. It is a packed bar - long bar - narrow space, tables along wall and in free spaces. Then some back space. Cruisy and busy dark rooms and then the bathrooms.

Very popular place. You will find a bit of everything there.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

Thanks so much, Happy! That's just the lowdown I was seeking.

Saludos!

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
133 reviews
6. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

Tom´s plays (in my opinion) that absolute best music of any bar I´ve ever visited.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

Good to know! I joined the Facebook page and it says Tom's is about to have a retro music night. Is it all DJs or do they sometimes have live bands?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
130 reviews
8. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

Just stopped by the other night to check it out, and was told the entrance was 400 pesos. Considering it looked like a dive bar, I wasn't going to pay a $35 entry fee.

9. Re: Mexico City Gay scene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 pm, June 20, 2013