We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

Hi, I will be in Mexico City for a week in August, I am seeking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment , rather than a hotel room, in the Zona Rosa area, any suggestions?

Thanks

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

Any particular reason you want to stay in the Zona Rosa? I find it pretty tacky these days and much prefer Condesa or Roma.

The Red Tree House in Condesa has a beautiful two-bed penthouse. Or check out the listings on vrbo.com, which are usually reliable.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

I want to stay in the zona rosa, due to its proximity to the gay/lesbian scene,

i have lived in red light / gay areas before, it does not bother me,

rather that, than somewhere sterile

3. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, March 10, 2011
Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

I don't think it's necessarily classism (though there's a guy who constantly reminds us he's loaded) but a suggestion to avoid low end places and go instead for more modern places. People usually tend to look for nicer experiences when on vacation and Zona Rosa needs lots of improvements. The government has closed lots of bars for selling adulterated alcohol and/or not having basic emergency systems and those places are now full of graffiti and garbage. Zona Rosa is not bad, but just is not nice either.

Having said that, for my personal taste Zona Rosa has some sort of character and authenticity that other places in the city like. I for one cannot stand Polanco and all the show offs and wannabes with names like Charlie or Mike. On the other hand, I don't like drinking fake tequila from plastic cups either, so you have to be careful where you drink in Zona Rosa.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

My point was I wouldn't want to stay in the Zona Rosa any more (can be noisy and there aren't that many really good places to eat). Plus it's not a true residential area, unless you cross over to the other side of Reforma, so there are unlikely to be any short-term apartments for rent.

It can be fun to visit, though, especially at weekends, and I have nothing against 'tacky' in that respect.

Northern parts of Condesa and Roma are within walking distance of the ZR. They are far from sterile, and I don't think anywhere in Mexico City can be called that. (Well, maybe Santa Fe, but there is no reason to go there unless you are on business).

Edited: 10:22 am, March 10, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

Thanks, to both for your views, I will consider them, when I make my choice.

I have no doubt Mexico City is an interesting, great city to experience.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

If I can't find an aptmnt, am looking at hotels around Londres / Liverpool / Insurgentes Centro . ok area?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

I usually stay at Hotel Del Principado in Londres - close enough to the "action" but far enough away not to be noisy. I usually pay around 50-55 USD per room including breakfast (for 2). Front desk are fluent in English, rooms are clean and modern and the wi-fi works well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

Hi,

Thanks for that, I was actually considering thatr hotel as a back up,

if i can't find an apartment, it does get decent reviews on tripadvisor.

Thanks

j

10. Re: Mexico city / zona rosa / holiday apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 20, 2012