We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico CIty Hotels

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
388 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico CIty Hotels

I know theres a million posts about this, many of which I have read through, but please bear with me.

We are wanting to stay in either Condesa or Roma, with a private bathroom for less than $70 per night ($50 or so would be better). This will be in May.

Is there any significant difference between Condesa and Roma? Basically we're looking for somewhere that is a bit trendy/cool (for lack of better description) and bars/cafes/restaurants day and night.

Many thanks.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico CIty Hotels

The key difference between Condesa and Roma is that Condesa is more gentrified than Roma.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,980 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico CIty Hotels

The Red Tree House in Condesa has 2 rooms that share a bathroom that might just fall into your price range. Includes breakfast.

Otherwise, the Milan in Roma is liked by many people I know. No breakfast.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,980 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico CIty Hotels

My mistake. Those two rooms at RTH now have private bathrooms so may be outside your budget.

Both Roma and Condesa have lots of cafes and restaurants and are really nice areas.

Edited: 10:26 am, January 10, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
388 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico CIty Hotels

thanks for the suggestions, i was thinking of the hotel milan. this is on the main street in roma right?

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,980 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico CIty Hotels

The Milan is on Obregón, a busy avenue that divides Roma Norte from Roma Sur. It's right across from Casa Lamm, whose restaurant (which was a great place for breakfast/brunch) appears to be 'temporarily' closed.

Walk down Obregón and across Insurgentes and you are in Condesa.

6. Re: Mexico CIty Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 11, 2011