We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexico city on mondays

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
mexico city on mondays

I'm going to be staying in DF from sat afternoon until wed or thursday before going on to San MIguel de Allende for 2 weeks of language school. It looks like museums and art galleries are closed on Mondays Any suggestions about things to do during the day on a Monday. Is the visitor center at Teotihuacan open?

Acapulco, Gro.
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexico city on mondays

I have two suggestions for Mexico City.

First, the Palacio de Bellas Artes performance of the Balet Foclórico. Only at the Sunday morning performatnce of the Balet Foclórico is the 20-ton Tiffany glass curtain is illuminated and raised. Go by the Palacio on Saturday afternoon to get tickets at the box office, or ask your hotel to obtain them for you.

Second is the Turibus service, which operates on a circular route from Chapultepec to the Historic Center of the City. The tour, which takes a little less than 3-hours to complete, operates between 9am and 9pm; you can board anywhere, get off and re-board at any time on the same day as long as you have your ticket and bracelet. Tickets cost 115 pesos on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays and can be bought only on board the bus.

The web site for Turibus, which includes a map, is:

http://64.78.37.75/turibus/recorrido_turistico_df.html

The Turibus passes behind (i.e., north of) the Palacio. Get on there or look on the map for a stop near your hotel. Each stop is marked by a red banner on a light pole. The banners look to be about 20x60cm and buses pass each stop about every forty minutes. Ride all the way around on Sunday, and get an idea of where you want to spend some time.

I've lived in Acapulco for decades and still enjoy visiting the capital now and then to do just what I recommend here.

marin County...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mexico city on mondays

We just returned from Mexico City. We had a great time. We went to Teotihuacan on Monday, everything was open. But go early before the tour buses. We got the bus from the terminal, it was fast efficient and cheap. Also, the markets are open and wonderful to visit when the galleries are closed.

The ballet Folklorico was a disappointment. Too much of the same over and over again. But the Tiffany screen and theatre are magnificent, and as for the murals - well, they are a must see.