We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexico city in one day

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
240 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
mexico city in one day

my husband and i are going to cancun but there is a layover in mexico city. either way we land at 550 am. we would either take a flight out at 10 am ot cancun or 345pm. is it worth it to take a 345pm flight out and see the city? are there places to store some carry on luggage in the airport.

MOST IMPT:: what can be done during that time????

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
240 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexico city in one day

oh yeah and we are flying from new york, so we're going into terminal 1 - i read and both flights are mexicana - connecting flight.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mexico city in one day

You can check the "Top questions about MEXICO CITY" box at the top right of the page as this has good info on what you can do on a layover and the best way to get into town (which is actually not that far). I would not bother if you're catching the 10 am connection but if you are using the 345 pm one then you could spend a few hours wandering around Centro.

There are storage lockers available at the airport for your bags.

Edited: 2:25 pm, February 12, 2010
Mexico city
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mexico city in one day

hmmm... i say that it depends on you.

Arrivind at 5:50 and laying over for 4 hours to take the next fly at 10am will allow you no more than 2-3 hours to visit what ever you want... not enough time realy... not a good option. Best to stay around the airport or have a hotel room near the airport (as cheap or expensive as you want), sleep, take a shower and have fun w/hubby and thats it... or just if you want to feel hurry, grab a taxi cab to take you "somewhere"

As per the 5:50 arrive and take the next plane at 3:45 pm will allow you for no more than 5-8 hours of layover... good time to visit places but you have to be aware of the following situations.

IF YOU ARRIVE during week days, consider that trafic is a nightmare... usually takes you 40 mins and up to 1.5 hour ONE WAY to go anywhere you want at peak hours. Ofcourse if you have a very good luck, you could have a 30 mins path but I will never ensure this option.

I personally would go for the SHORT layover or... spend at least 24 hours in mexico city...

Said this... I wish you a very good and happy trip.

Let me know how can I assist you.

Edited: 4:44 pm, February 12, 2010
CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
842 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mexico city in one day

I would not waste my time going into the city for that amount of time. It's not worth it, believe me.

5. Re: mexico city in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 12, 2010