We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City during christmas week?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City during christmas week?

We are thinking about visiting Mexico City during christmas week and are wondering if museums,restaurants and other attractions open during the holiday season. Our plan is to visit Mexico City for a couple of days before we had to the beaches in the Yucatan.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City during christmas week?

Yes, museums, restaurants etc. will be open pretty much as usual although some places will close early on the 24th.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City during christmas week?

Several restaurants will close but you will find enough variety and no traffic will be a big plus. The city does some pretty things for tourists at Christmas. Things will close early the 24th and stay closed the 25th but otherwise, museums will open. It is not an unpopular time for domestic tourists to come to town.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City during christmas week?

Thanks so much. This is very helpful. I look forward to my first visit to Mexico City.

Gracias.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico City during christmas week?

I think the ice skating rink in the Zocolo is really fun, well I am a sucker for this kind of stuff - hope its happening again next year

5. Re: Mexico City during christmas week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 19, 2009