We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

regente hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wokingham...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
regente hotel

Hi, my family are staying at the regente hotel, can anyone tell me anything about this hotel. How far from the airport is it? Has it got parking? How long would it take to get to the hotel, and is it easy to find. Thank you

Acapulco, Gro.
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: regente hotel

I live in Acapulco and although I visit Mexico City, I don't know the Hotel Regente. I can tell you that it has parking and the cost can be added to your bill.

The hotel is 13 kms from the airport (Juarez international), and is not difficult to find. It is on Paris, very near the major traffic intersection of Insurgentes and Reforma, in an area where many streets are named for famous cities.

If you are arriving by air, stay inside the terminal after you clear customs and walk to the taxi stand in Area "A" where you purchase a taxicab ride to your destination. The cost is based on the distance as shown on a map at the taxi ticket counter.

I hope you have a wonderful time in the Capital.

USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: regente hotel

is one of the best hotel 4 stars in mexico city.

here you can see some new photos of The Regente.

www.seagalelectronic.com/regente

this is not the site but it will be. if you need a phone of regente dial (52) (55) 5096 4524 in mexico city and ask for Adrian Rosell.

Hotel Regente is a Good Hotel

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: regente hotel

My recollection is that this is an older hotel . . . like many others in that district of the city. It appears clean (I've only been in the lobby, not the guest rooms) . . . mostly Mexican business travelers and some families on weekends. Not a 4 star as advertised - at least not 4 star by generally accepted standards outside of Mexico. Depending upon the price you're paying, it may be a good value.

Driving to the hotel and finding it, for the first time, will proably be difficulty - especially after dark. If you're renting a car just to get around Mexico City, I recommend against it and suggest using a taxi from the airport. If you're moving about Mexico, other than the D.F., I recommend travel by bus. But, to each his/her own style.

If you have a good, detailed, street map of Mexico City and are good at directions and first-time driving in new destinations - you'll get to your hotel okay. If you don't have these skills, I suggest you hire a taxi at the airport to lead you to the hotel - for this first time.

I don't recall if there's a parking garage in the hotel. There may not be. However, there are several parking lots in the neighbhorhood where the car can be parked overnight and during your stay. If you do park in an attended lot (dont' leave a car in an unattended lot), I suggest tipping the attendant something extra when you leave the car, and ask him to keep an eye on it (and remove ALL of your possessions). Also, I suggest you accept all of the insurances offered, unless some of the coverage (probably not all) is provided by your home city insurance carrier and/or credit card company (limited coverage offered in most cases).

At 9 p.m. and after, travel time for an experienced driver making the trip from the airport > hotel should be approx. 20 min. It's anybody's guess how long it may take you if you get lost.

Enjoy the adventure!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: regente hotel

Follow the link (web address) below and it'll take you to additional information about the hotel, including two reviews posted by TA folks who stayed there within the past 2 years:

http://tinyurl.com/8d8tw