We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
998 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

I read that they have done away with the red light green light in terminal 2 and that you no longer fill out customs forms?

Is this in fact true.....?

7 replies to this topic
Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

That is correct. Most people just walk straight through to exit when arriving from the US, Canada or Europe or Asia.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

Wonder why the difference between terminals? I got a red light in Mexico City a few weeks back, I flew on American, so I guess that is Terminal 1.

Outer Banks, North...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

I had the Customs form completely filled out 2 weeks ago when landing in MEX with Interjet, and in hand. As I only had carry-on luggage I walked right up to the 2 Customs Agents, offered the Customs form, which they declined, pushed the button and walked right out. As this was Interjet, I had arrived into T1. Personally I still like and have a warm affinity for the Red light / Green light button; it reminds me that I have returned to my beloved Mexico. :)

Edited: 3:42 pm, October 02, 2017
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

I went back and looked and it was actually a month ago that I arrived there. It's always been very rare for me to get a red light, and this time, I had a bunch of camera stuff with me. The man who searched my luggage asked me if I was a pro photographer, I said no, and he smiled and zipped my bag up, and then sent me on my way.

Edited: 4:35 pm, October 02, 2017
BC
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

Peter you may not be a pro, but your shots are just as good :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
998 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

What about the on line forms.... I know you can fill out your immigration form on line but I keep reading differing things about the custom forms.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico City Airport Customs Questions

I flew in on Sunday afternoon. It is now named self-declaration. There were no buttons to push and I was only asked where I was coming from. The only question immigration asked was "why do you speak Spanish?" and "do you have a Mexican boyfriend." Which I found amusing.

Reply to: Mexico City Airport Customs Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted