We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Antonio
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

Hi, we plan to visit Mexico City this year. There will be 4 people - my wife, myself, our college age son and daughter. We prefer one big bed for the parents, and two single beds for the kids, and preferably in two separate rooms. Historic center, Condesa Roma, Polanco all sound good to us. It needs be in a safe area, and hopefully close to metro stations, shops and food, etc.

Can anyone recommend any apartment for rent, or B&B, or even hotels that they have had good experience with that may also serve the needs of our family?

Thanks in advance!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

Take a look at the Hotel Catedral 1 block from the Zocolo...by the way if you can dig it they are digging right behind for Aztec ball court right now ,just discovered...

www.hotelcatedral.com/english/index.html

mexiconewsdaily.com/news/…

Edited: 8:53 pm, July 03, 2017
Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

My family loved Casa Gonzalez which was not expensive abd there is an optional super cheap and delicious breakfast. Good location opposite the British Embassy. Easy to get around. My visiting family used three rooms.

Columbus
Level Contributor
120 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

Airbnb, hands down. I am currently in a 2 bedroom apt one block from Reforma in Condesa......$55/night.

The FiestAmericana Reforma is the building blocking me from seeing Reforma.....$150/night.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
641 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

We too have travelled to MEX with kids...stayed in hotel before the air bnb craze. Now our next visit will be air bnb...can't believe the selection of places and the reasonable prices...for a great place! That would be my suggestion also...

Sunny

San Antonio
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

Thank you for the suggestion!

San Antonio
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

Thank you for the suggestion!

7. Re: Mexico City lodging recommendations for family of four

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 10, 2018