We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City plus???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vermont
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City plus???

Hi Friends, I have 9 nites in Mexico beginning of September. I was going to spend it all in Mexico City but I really want to check out SMA and Guanajuato as we are considering living in Mexico long term. Can I get a flavor of Mexico City in 2-3 full days or should I save it for another time? Opinions welcome! Thanks, Karen

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City plus???

There is lots to see but yes, you will have a good flavor in 3 days. Be sure to see Coyoacan and Centro Historico. Go for dinner in Polanco, Roma and Condesa as that is where you are likely to live. If you can find most of a day visit Teotihuacan, where the pyramids are. Guanajuato is charming and more popular with local tourists than foreigners. San Miguel de Allende is full of foreigners and has a great arts and dining scene. Enjoy.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City plus???

Don't waste your time with Santa Fake South aka San Miguel de Allende! Seeing that you are from Vermont that is typically populated by real people, you may be very disappointed with what you might find in San Miguel de Allende?

Then again YMMV!

3. Re: Mexico City plus???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 22, 2018