We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City itinerary for family with kids (ages 3 & 7)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City itinerary for family with kids (ages 3 & 7)

My husband and I are traveling to Mexico City in June for just under a week (arriving late on a Monday and departing early on a Saturday). We will be traveling with our two kids and will be staying at the Galeria Plaza Reforma. This will be our first trip to Mexico City (my husband will be there for a conference), so any suggestions on what to see and do as well as kid-friendly restaurant suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've only just started my research, but Chapultepec Park is a definite and a trip to the Zocalo as well. My husband really wants to see the Trotsky House, too, and I would like to see the Frida Kahlo Museum.

Thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
60 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City itinerary for family with kids (ages 3 & 7)

Look into Papalote childrens museum too. Try to go on Thursday (I think) as they have really good deals for admissions. That might have changed, though, so check it out but they should love that. Also, Granja las Americas - although I've never been there, it seems fun for smaller kids. It looks like more of a theme park and is just northwest of the Chapultepec area.

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City itinerary for family with kids (ages 3 & 7)

There's kidzania. I personally don't like it, but many parents like it.

http://www.kidzania.com/

As for kid friendly restaurants, I would say that is most of them, especially during daytime. Restaurants tend to be noisy and children are considered regular clientele.

But there are many restaurants that have a chiildren's area with activities and even ladies watching them and organizing activities. I like Pacifica, for example, but there's dozens of places like that. Just say the area and I can look for options.

https://www.facebook.com/PacificaPolanco77/

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City itinerary for family with kids (ages 3 & 7)

Thanks for the suggestions! We will be staying at the Hotel Galeria Reforma, near the Sevilla metro station. We will have a stroller that fits both of them, so we can certainly walk to nearby neighborhoods to eat. Looking at Google Maps, Condesa is not too far from the hotel, so we could certainly explore restaurants there if you have suggestions. Another question: do you know anything about the lucha libre? Are kids as young as mine welcome at the lucha libre or is that mostly for adults? Can you buy tickets in advance? I know my husband (a WWE fan) would love to check it out and would like to bring the kids.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico City itinerary for family with kids (ages 3 & 7)

Check out the zoo in Chapultepec. We lived in Mexico City when my boys were about your boys age. They enjoyed both Kidzania and La Granja but they have to do the activities alone and they are in Spanish. You can't go with them. Can't help you on the Lucha Libre. Papalote is awesome too.

BC
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico City itinerary for family with kids (ages 3 & 7)

Yes, you can bring your kids to Lucha Libre. The only stipulation is that they cannot sit in the first few rows for safety reasons. You don't need to buy tickets in advance, just arrive 30 minutes before start time. It is inexpensive, we bought the cheapest seats and they were still very close. After getting your tickets, you can peruse the vendors and your kids can pick out a mask to buy. The tuesday evening show may work for you. Could be raining when you leave.

You may want your hubby to do something with the kids when you tour Frida's house, nothing of interest for them.

6. Re: Mexico City itinerary for family with kids (ages 3 & 7)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 21, 2018