We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico city Hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
11 posts
Save Topic
Mexico city Hotel

Hi all,

I will arrive in Mexico city on March 8.

I would like to know if you guys know a hotel in the Condesa or Roma Area that is below the price of 25 dollar a night.

So far I have seen very ridiculous rates while there must be cheaper options instead with good quality.

I read on the Internet that these zones are the "safer" locations to stay in Mexico City.

Please let me know what you guys think and your recommendations.

Many thanks.

Pascual

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico city Hotel

Don't know where you are from but $25 is pretty darned low anywhere in the world. Get what you pay for? You want prime real estate on a "wino budget"?

Loreto, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Loreto
Level Contributor
555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico city Hotel

That's a pretty low price for a world class city! But, if you google hostels Mexico City you will find a number of very cheap places. You might do better in the area around the Centro Historico than in Condesa or Roma.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico city Hotel

$25 seems to really be pushing it.

When you say you've seen ridiculous rates, I'm not sure if you mean high or low. I think we paid $55/night for Hotel Milan. It's a nice, modern, spacious hotel right in Roma. I can't get a cheap, dirty motel in a middle of nowhere town for that much here.

Remember, you'll be saving money a lot of other places in Mexico City.

Edited: 8:47 am, February 10, 2017
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,812 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico city Hotel

Pietje v,

Welcome to TA. In your price range might I recommend Hotel San Diego in colonia Centro Historico on Calle Luis Moya?? The hotel is 2.5 blocks from Metro Station Balderas and 4 blocks from the Metro Station Salto de Agua; which is just a $5 Mxn pesos Metro ride from the airport taking about 25 - 30 minutes with just 1 transfer / connection.

I have stayed at this hotel on 2 separate trips now and really enjoy both the location and price-point. The rooms are clean, comfortable and safe. There is complimentary internet access in a room just off of the lobby and the attached restaurant is great for morning breakfast or meals anytime of the day (closed Sundays).

Here is a link to TA reviews of the hotel:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g15…

Safe travels.

!Diviertanse!

BC
Level Contributor
5,547 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico city Hotel

$25 is an easily available price in Mexico City, but not, I think, in those 2 areas. You do not need a hostel, there are many hotels in that prics range.

11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico city Hotel

The thing is... I am travelling alone... so 55 bucks is pretty expensive then... i thought maybe you guys had some nice alternatives in that area... but i guess i was wrong...

Hotel San Diego doesnt have wifi on the room... thats a no for me...

Thx anyways.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico city Hotel

I see a single room for Hotel Milan for 685 pesos. that's $34!

in amazing location. I suggest you get that room fast that.

Edited: 3:09 pm, February 10, 2017
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
494 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexico city Hotel

For under $25, you may need to go with Air BnB, possibly a room in an apartment. I had a wonderful experience with Marco and Giusi at their apartment for, at the time, about $25 a night via Air Bnb. They have an apartment and their bedroom had its own bathroom and the room I was in had a separate bathroom. Marco has a Spanish language school and their English is excellent, of course, if you don't speak Spanish. And you would be walking distance to metro and metrobus stops, and to Roma and Condesa. If you are interested, message me privately and I will give you contact information.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,812 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexico city Hotel

Actually Hotel San Diego *DOES HAVE* wifi in the room...... you are given the access code upon check-in. Ask for a room on the lower levels for better in-room internet access.

!Diviertanse!

BC
Level Contributor
5,547 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mexico city Hotel

Okay, now that I have stayed there (last night) I can highly recommenmd Hotel Castropol. Price for one person is 500 pesos, for two 550. Loved the area, right beside Pino Suarez metro stop, thus a few minutes walk north to the Zocalo. Few minutes west takes you to Cafe Jekimir, where you can get great coffee. This will now be our go to hotel in Mexico City.

They had several internet connections, to cover all floors. Plenty of immediate hot water in the modern bathroom.