We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from san miguel to guadalajara

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
illinois
1 post
Save Topic
driving from san miguel to guadalajara

I want to rent a car in san miguel de allende and drive to guadalajara. what roads should i take, sights should i see along the way, and how long of a drive is it.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

cc, you do not want to rent a car in SMdA as they are very expensive.

Other than Guanajuato, there is not much .

FD: we are driving to the Costalegre via GDL next week and may stop at friends' hacienda in Ajijic and a few like Lagos de Moreno.

Take the bus (www.primeraplus.com.mx).

M

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

I must say I like your life, Mikemo! It now looks like we're not coming down until next October - boo hoo. Enjoy for us!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

fw,

You are always welcome here - dogs and all, lol.

We are def going to the Santuarios Mariposas Monarcas in Jan/Feb and to Barcelona, Sicily and Italia in May.

We'll be here all Fall.

Buen viaje.

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

fw,

M and A are moving from Elizabeth St to a high rise on North End Ave as she is 33+ wks pg, and they need a bit more room.

DD and her Novio are moving from Austin to Manhattan - both this month.

Can't believe when I left Fieldston, Riverdale, Bronx in the mid 60's, my children would return.

Good reason to continue to visit, but BsAs may better and certainly more affordable.

M

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

Good, maybe we'll actually get to meet in the Fall. Great news about all your NY-bound (and already here) relatives. We were lucky enough to attend a family wedding in south of France in Sept, then went on to Italy, our first but hopefully not last trip. Loved it, loved it, loved it, now in contention with Gto as future fantasy life!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

Mikemo - and thanks for the very generous invitation. If you knew my two wire fox terriers you might consider rescinding! Just made a contribution to Amigos de los Animales de Gto, know you have same in San Miguel. is that where you got your critters? Know you told me but I forgot. I know they're rescues. Good for you!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

We have had nothing but rescues for decades: I had rescued greyhounds for many years in D and SO has an American Eskimo who was abused as a pup - way protective - the others are street "mops", mostly mini poodle/Bischon clones of sorts.

These guys are more intelligent than the sweet, docile, and lazy GHs.

We'll be in NYC in mid May on return from FCO.

M and A were married at Hambleton Hall in Rutland, England in July '04.

Great weekend for all.

M

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

Let's keep in touch then and maybe meet in NYC!

9. Re: driving from san miguel to guadalajara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 17, 2009