We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car at Leon/ Guanajuato airport

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
166 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a car at Leon/ Guanajuato airport

My husband and I are planning to fly into Leon airport to explore San Miguel and Guanajuato for a week in January. Just wondering whether it is best to rent a car at the airport as we need to get from the airport to San Miguel, from San Miguel to Guanajuato, and from Guanajuato back to the airport. Also, if so, which company is best at the Leon airport? Or is a taxi or bus the way to go?

Thanks

Sanibel, Florida
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Renting a car at Leon/ Guanajuato airport

OOPS! Anthony is located in SMA, but I am sure there are wonderful driver/guides in Guanauato.

Rumba

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Renting a car at Leon/ Guanajuato airport

That's a very good point. It's cheaper to take a guide from San Miguel if you're taking your own car. Also, if you were considering getting a guide at Teotihuacan, that would work out too. It appeared that to get the most information once at Teotihuacan was to get it from the guides there. Just make sure the guide you're taking is knowledgeable wrt Teotihuacan.

13. Re: Renting a car at Leon/ Guanajuato airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 21, 2009