We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Casa Azul or El Zopilote Mojado

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
La Casa Azul or El Zopilote Mojado

I think I have narrowed the search for a place to stay to these 2 establishments.

My parameters: <$100, clean, close to main areas, but quiet..

I am not much of a late night person but want to be able to walk back to the hotel after dinner or visit to the square. I want to be somewhere safe to walk alone.

I speak very little spanish - I am just starting to listen to tapes for very basic communication. So somewhere that speaks some english would be helpful.

Any ideas on which one would be better

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Casa Azul or El Zopilote Mojado

Hands down El Zopilote Mojado run by Raul and his American born wife, Ana. Nothing against La Casa Azul but it doesn't compare to Raul's beautiful place location-wise (right on beautiful Plaza Mexiamora). Have a great time!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Casa Azul or El Zopilote Mojado

Thank you, that helps firm up my choice.

3. Re: La Casa Azul or El Zopilote Mojado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, August 17, 2009