We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming pools in Guanajuato

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming pools in Guanajuato

Are there any swimming pools we can use in Guanajuato during our month here? I'm thinking of a hotel pool where if we buy lunch or a drink we can hang out and play. I'm not looking for a serious lap pool like at the Olympic Center. Thanks.

Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming pools in Guanajuato

I have limited knowledge, having only been in GTO for a month, and it was 4 years ago, but I would guess that that only a very expensive hotel near the center of GTO would have a pool, and that the most likely hotel to have a pool would be at the large business hotels far outside of the center of GTO.

If you have kids that need to splash around, the commericial hotels (Holiday Inn, etc) probably have what you need, but if you are visiting to sightsee, without kids to entertain, you will be dissapointed not to be able to walk to town.

Guanajuato, GTO...
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming pools in Guanajuato

there is a 20 meter above ground lap pool at casa zuniga b&b. the pool is built on the south side of the guanajuato ravine. it's next to and below the pipila monument just above the heart of guanajuato, the jardin de union. nothing fancy, nice view of the village and just solar heated so it's not always boiling hot:((

however.... about 75-80 meters below casa zuniga, smack dab in the heart of guanajuato, at the back of the jardin de union, there is a boutique hotel with a pool. this can save you the 5 minute walk to the heart of the village from casa zuniga.

someday there may be a second pool in the jardin de union. if the casa zuniga lap pool was to ever break loose!!!! it could slide down the side of the ravine and end up in the dead center of the village. all that concrete, tile, water,..it could bring the pipila monument plaza and statue down with it. oh the humanity!! give thanks to the pool god kaa-ban-na boy that it has not happened yet.

3. Re: Swimming pools in Guanajuato

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 15, 2013