We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter Bus

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Charter Bus

Can anyone recommed or give me some information on renting a charter bus or large passenger van. I will be staying in Guanajuato with a large family (17 to 20 family members) in July, and we will need transportation to Leon for just one day to attend a Quinceañera (Sweet 16). Some of my relatives will be driving from Guadalajara to Guanajuato, but I would hate to drive to Leon and then come back late at night back to Guanajuato, so I thought renting a charter bus would be much easier, I know it is expensive, but it could help save lives, specially those who might drink too much. Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Guanajuato
Guanajuato
Guanajuato, Mexico
Leon
Leon
Guanajuato, Mexico
Guadalajara
Guadalajara
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
954 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charter Bus

Such services are widely available in Mexico, but they can be hard to arrange from the abroad. Is anyone from your group already in Mexico? Dealing with a local company in person is easiest.

If nobody on this forum who lives in Guanajuato can help you, the next step is to search for phone numbers on the internet and communicate with various transportation companies by phone, getting various price quotes. I've had to do this in the past with some success. Trying to arrange something like this by e-mail almost never works, though.

If you don't have time to search for a transportation company, Gray Line tours offers this kind of transportation all over Mexico, and they have a large international presence making it easy to sign the contract from abroad. They will charge more than the smaller operators, though.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Guanajuato
Guanajuato
Guanajuato, Mexico
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charter Bus

Thank you jcs27. When I used the google mexico, I found lots of companies from the State of Guanajuato, and found two of them with websites. When I send my request to the two bus companies only one responded, Mexicotur. They quoted me what I think is a great price, 3500 pesos for a nice charter bus that fits up to 20 persons. I am still going to compare a few other bus companies, and make sure I got a great price.

Mentioned in this post
Guanajuato
Guanajuato
Guanajuato, Mexico
Guanajuato, GTO...
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charter Bus

i used eduardo castro. he gave me a good price. the bus was new, clean with . room for almost 20.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charter Bus

Thank you Rick.

5. Re: Charter Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, February 16, 2012