We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Mercedes

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Las Mercedes

We will be in Guanajuato on Christmas Eve day and am wondering if Las Mercedes restaurant will be open on that day for lunch and dinner?

Any other suggestions as to what will be open for that day. We are a party of 8 and am quite nervous how to arrange for dinner options on Christmas eve night!?!

Thank you in advance for any help that will be extended in this forum!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,037 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Mercedes

+52 473 732 7375

Guanajuato, GTO...
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Mercedes

I'll call Chuy today and post his answer. 8 for Xmas eve and/or lunch??

rick

Guanajuato, GTO...
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Mercedes

i just got off the phone with chuy. he will be open. for eight persons. at what time?? i said i'd get back to him.

rick

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Mercedes

Thank you, Rick, for arranging this!! The six of us will be in GTO by 2:30pm, Dec.24 but we have 2 more in our party that is arriving BJX at 5:55pm. Our dilemna is whether to have dinner first and then attend the Christmas Eve vigil mass (time?) or have dinner at 8pm and just attend the Christmas Day mass the following morning. Please advise.

Again, thank you very much!!

Guanajuato, GTO...
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Mercedes

chuy opens the doors at 2:00 pm. there is a midnight mass. i would go with 8:00 meal. plus i guessed 8 pm when i made the 1st call and tentatively set you for 8:00. i just called him and confirmed it. just grab a cab to his place. give yourself 15 minutes from any place in town. if you want, when you pull into town, we can hook-up. go to the pipila monument and ask anyone for rick. they are my neighbors and will bring you to the house. you can reach the monument by cab for 25-30 pesos

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Mercedes

Whew...you have no idea how grateful I am that now my family and I will be able to sit down and enjoy Xmas eve dinner at Las Mercedes!

You are the best...

7. Re: Las Mercedes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 12, 2011