We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico Road Maps/Atlas??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
381 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico Road Maps/Atlas??

Hi,

We will be visiting Mexico for the first time in a couple of months time.

We will be hiring a car and visiting Guanajuato, Morelia, Patzcuaro and then flying to Merida and driving to Chichen Itza and Cancun.

We would like to buy a good road atlas of Mexico, and maybe detailed city maps of the places we are visiting.

Can anyone advise of the best road atlas to get, and where we could find it online to order?

Many thanks!

California
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico Road Maps/Atlas??

I like the Guia Roji Mexico. The Spanish version (por las carreteras) is much less costly than the English language Tourist version.

check out http://www.maps.com/map.aspx?pid=1117

the 2011 version just came out.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
381 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico Road Maps/Atlas??

Thanks! I don't speak Spanish (not much), and was thinking of buying the Spanish version, as I can't find an english version that is up-to-date (Amazon only has one from 2008).

Do you think it will matter that it is in Spanish? We just want to be able to recognize the roads, and I guess the road signs will be in Spanish anyway, so it may even be easier with the Spanish version. What do you think?

Thanks again!

California
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico Road Maps/Atlas??

I think you're right when you say you only need to see the roads. The tourist version has English sections on tourist attractions if I remember right- but nothing that your guide doesn't have.

The tourist version is way more expensive for the same maps essentially.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
381 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico Road Maps/Atlas??

Fantastic, thanks for that :)

We have the lonely planet for all our tourist info needs, so really just want the maps. I will buy the Spanish version :)

Thanks!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico Road Maps/Atlas??

gmaps in case you take a laptop

Edited: 8:08 pm, September 19, 2010
6. Re: Mexico Road Maps/Atlas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 19, 2011