We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel just outside Guanajuato with Shuttle to center?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapala, Jalisco...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel just outside Guanajuato with Shuttle to center?

My husband and I want to visit Guanajuato July 2 - 5, 2010. We have been there before and found ourselves lost in the tunnels beneath the city. We noticed a hotel just on the outskirts, just before the tunnels and wondered if they have a shuttle we could take into the center of town. Can someone give me the name of the hotel and also if you have stayed there, your experience? Thanks

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel just outside Guanajuato with Shuttle to center?

Hi gail,

There is a Holiday Inn Express not far from Guanajuato's bus station (or, if you are driving, the toll booth at the end of the cuota highway). The last I knew, it provides shuttle service to and from the downtown area.

Be sure you make reservations at the Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato and not the Holiday Inn Express Silao.

Have a great trip!

Cindi

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel just outside Guanajuato with Shuttle to center?

In my experience many such hotels offer shuttles but I can never be bothered to wait around for them since the cab fare into the center (which will drop you exactly where you want and not just where the shuttle driver wants) costs no more than 40 pesos (3-4 USD). The Mission hotel has a shuttle but is definitely not nice. I am sure the Holiday Inn will be fine and the Real de Minas is another nice one (and closer).

3. Re: Hotel just outside Guanajuato with Shuttle to center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 24, 2010