We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

We will be in Guanajuato for a couple of weeks in February and I am looking for day cooking classes in English. Googling turned up nada except for one school in SMA.

Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Noam

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

Hi Noam47,

You can check with the Don Quijote Spanish school and/or Escuela Mexicana. Both offer cooking classes from time to time when there is sufficient interest.

Of course, the classes are conducted in Spanish.

I don't know of any cooking classes conducted in English in Guanajuato. Perhaps someone else knows of some?

Have a great trip!

Cindi

Toronto
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

Thanks Cindi, Much appreciated. Noam

Guanajuato, GTO...
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

there are cooking clases at casa zuniga in english

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

Thanks Rick!

I didn't know you all gave cooking classes, in English no less, in addition to the gracious hospitality you provide in your B&B. When people ask for classes, I'll send them your way.

Noam...Casa Zuniga is the perfect solution if you have not already arranged a place to stay during your visit. You can stay in Rick & Carmen's spacious, comfortable B&B (that has great views of the city) and take cooking classes as well.

Have a great trip!

Cindi

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,267 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

Good to know! Guanajuato is on my list - will save this thread. Going to cooking school in Tlaxcala on Friday.

Toronto
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

Thanks Rick, Cindi,

One more question, actually two:

Where is Casa Zuniga? (address, landmarks, etc.) and what is the telephone number to inquire (In English)

Is there a class schedule? How does it work?

Noam

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

Hi Noam,

Casa Zuniga is very close to the Pipila statue that stands above Guanajuato's downtown area. It's next to the upper funicular (cable car) station that goes from downtown behind Teatro Juárez and the Pipila (the B&B provides free trips on the funicular to guests).

Here's the address and other information:

Callejon del Pachote no 38 | colonia Centro Historico (Monumento Pipila), Guanajuato 36000, Mexico

email: casazuniga@yahoo.com

http://www.casazunigagto.com/

Our San Francisco Bay Area phone number that rings here at home in Guanajuato, 415 area code,762-0100. We also have our Mexican phone number to the house. From Canada and the US, dial 011-52-(473) 732-8546

(I copied and pasted the information about the telephone numbers from the B&B's web site).

Rick and Carmen are great people and the house is beautiful with great views.

Email or call Rick or check out the web site. I know he'll be happy to tell you about the cooking classes.

Have a great time!

Cindi

8. Re: Cooking classes in Guanajuato City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 21, 2010