We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
barra de navidad
3 posts
Save Topic
Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

We looking for a hotel that will take our dog, and has parking. In reading this forum, two hotels look like they're close to the centre and have parking: Las Embajadoes and Hotel Molino del Rey (apparently has paid parking across the street). Any other suggestions or hotel names would be appreciated.

Also, since May 1 is a holiday, is town likely to be more crowded? Thanks for your help.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

Hi barrasally,

How long will you be in Guanajuato?

A friend of mine came here for a couple of weeks with his dog. He could not find a hotel that allowed pets that also fit his budget, but he did find a short-term rental on a "Vacation Rental By Owner" web site.

Look at the recent reviews here on Trip Advisor for Hotel Embajadoras. Though I have not stayed in this hotel, I have been in a couple of the rooms. They were not especially clean and had a bad odor.

There is a restaurant in the patio of the hotel. I haven't eaten there in more than a year, but in my several visits, I found the food mediocre and overpriced. It is pleasant sitting on the patio, though.

I have not seen the rooms at the Hotel Molino del Rey (I asked, but since I was not personally staying at the hotel, I was refused....even though I was looking for a place for a friend to stay).

The hotel is very close to downtown and there is a public parking lot across the street.

There is a restaurant associated with the hotel. It has been closed and re-opened several times in the six years I've lived in Guanajuato. I ate there one time several years ago; the food was terrible. Hopefully, things have improved since then.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Cindi

barra de navidad
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

Cindi,

Thanks for your help! We'll only be in Guanajuato one night before heading to San Miguel. It sounds like Molino del Rey might work if they would take our dog--and we won't eat in the restaurant. I'll also check the vacation rental site. Maybe they do nightly rentals too. Thanks again, Sally

Arendal, Norway
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

Try this hotel

http://www.mxrra.com/id17.html Hotel Villa de Plata

Talk to the manager:)

Nice area to walk the dog as well. This is our official hotel where we lodge all the teams that come from the USA, NORWAY and Venezuela for our racing event.

If your doggie is on a certain diet make sure you bring his doggie food. Its expensive down here:)

Ponce

Saint Louis
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

The Casa Zuniga takes dogs and has a huge enclosed area for a dog run...it also has FREE parking right on the Panaramica near El Pipila monument...You can call then directly at their toll free number listed on their page.

barra de navidad
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

Thanks to both of you for your help! We had lunch in Guanajuato but stayed in San Miguel de Allende at the Quinta Loreto where dogs are welcome, and there's lots of room for them. However, we are planning to go back and explore Guanajuato and spend some time there so we really appreciate your suggestions.

Guanajuato, GTO...
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

The gated parking at casa zuniga is free and pets are welcome.

7. Re: Guanajuato Hotel that will take one nice dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, December 15, 2009