We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
France
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
central hotel

Well, I have read the postings and the reviews and they seem all over the board. We would like a hotel in the historic district that is nice and is good for a family. I have heard of run down hotels there with rock hard beds and other negatives. Are there any good options in the center area? B&B's, inns, hotels all are fine.

Cheers

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: central hotel

Last year I stayed at Hotel Luna, and I think is good. Out of 1 to 10, 10 been best, I give it a 7 because of location, location, location, I guess the rooms are adecuate(nothing fancy, but definitely not run down either), and have a good restaurant with free breakfast and a great patio facing the main square. Of all the hotels I saw right infront of the main square, I believe this will be the best of them all, and the one with the higher stars, 2.5 or 3 depending who is rating. I strongly believe that the place to be is right next to the main square because at night and on the weekends it is so lively. You could find fancier and better ammenities hotels on the outscores of town with higher ratings like hotel holiday inn express, hotel Quinta las Acacias, or Real de Minas, and I wished they had better hotels right on downtown, but unfortunately all of them are outside or far from downtown, and I am telling you that the place to be is right on downtown, specifically right on the main square, and Hotel Luna should be your best bet. Good Luch and have fun!

France
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: central hotel

Thank you very much for the info. I think that might suit us fine as we want to be right in the midst of things. It is so great to here it from people who actually have been there!

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: central hotel

There are two bed and breakfasts that are centrally located and are not expensive.

I recommend La Casa de Doña Ana (www.lacasadedonaana.com). The rooms are beautiful and Ana is a fabulous cook. Mike and Ana are both bilingual in English and Spanish. They know the city well and are very personable.

The other B&B in the center of town is El Zopilote Mojado (www.elzopilotemojado.com). It is up a steep set of stairs (though there is another way to get to it that does not involve a steep climb) next to Teatro Principal, which is just behind the Jardin.

I have not stayed at either B&B or any of the hotels as I live here in town. However, my husband and I have been guests of Mike and Ana and can vouch for Ana's cooking as well as the comfort of the house. We have also eaten at El Zopilote Mojado's restaurant...good food!

Here is another web site where you can look at most of Guanajuato's hotels and get an idea of the price and what each offers:

allmexicohotels.com/guanajuato/guanajuato/

Feel free to ask any questions you have. Our web site (www.mexican-living-guanajuato.com) has some helpful resources as well.

Cindi

www.mexican-living-guanajuato.com

4. Re: central hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 17, 2009