We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip report

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sanibel, Florida
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Short trip report

We were only here a short time[que lastima] but it was wonderful.

Actually we stayed at the HOL inn EXPRESS. It´s not near anything but the bus depot which we thought we would need. As it turns out we are getting a driver to take us to Morelia. A little more expensive, but Esposo wanted to. Anyway we usually stay near the Jardin which is of course a much better location, but the Hol Inn Exp. turned out to be a really lovely hotel with a great breakfast and a jitney to take you downtown once an hour.

We visited the Zopilote Mojado and will defintely stay there next time. It is just adorable. Ate at the Conde de Valenciana for lunch, and theCasa Valadez for dinner. Both wonderful. The best part was just wandering the calles and callejons while looking for the Zopilote Mojado. Guanajuato is great.

Bartola had found me my frog rings, and I am set now for awhile. The weather has been spectacular, not a thing like the internet sites predict. I hope Morelia and Patzcuaro are also so different.

Well off to Morelia,

washington state
Level Contributor
547 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip report

Glad you arrived safely. We left lovely Guanajuato yesterday morning. Enjoy Morelia - sit under the portales to enjoy coffee and watch the world go by. And - you will love Patzcuaro, just totally charming.

2. Re: Short trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 09, 2009