We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Guanajuato

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Driving to Guanajuato

I'm planing to drive to Comfort, Guanajuato, however have no idea how to get there. The furthest I've driven is to Monterrey. Also, on my way to Comonfort, I plan to say at San Miguel de Allende for a couple of days. Could some one hook a brotha up! Thanks.

beto68sa

San Antonio, TX

Mentioned in this post
Comonfort
Comonfort
Guanajuato, Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Guanajuato

I assume you are driving from TX to GTO??????//

When I drive in Mexico, I always use my road atlas by Guia Roji. The spanish name is "Por Las Carreteras de Mexico." They have a Spanish version & English version. I believe the English verision is "Mexico Road Atlas." It has a red cover & the book is about 8.5" by 11."

You can check it out at www.gonetomorrow.com. I have purchased several maps from them. I also purchased the Guanajuato City map from there.

If you have not been to GTO, you will love it. It is unlike any city I have seen in Mexico.

washington state
Level Contributor
547 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Guanajuato

If you are in SMdA, Comonfort is on the hwy. going south towards Celaya. It is about 1/2 hour away.

Mentioned in this post
Comonfort
Comonfort
Guanajuato, Mexico
Celaya
Celaya
Guanajuato, Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Guanajuato

Go to the roads authority web page at http://www.capufe.gob.mx/ and choose Servicios and then Traza Tu Ruta. It'll give you the safest route (albeit the most expensive) with prices and all.

I just did a test from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, next to Texas to Guanajuato and it gave me 907 kms and 437 MXN for tolls.

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to Guanajuato

Beto,

If you are familiar with Monterrey go to any Sanborns or big news stand and buy the "Guia Roji: Por las Carreteras de Mexico" as it was suggested before. There's no road conflict from Monterrey to San Miguel and then to Comonfort. Depending of your speed and road/climatic conditions it takes 7 3/4 to 8 1/2 hrs.

M

Mentioned in this post
Comonfort
Comonfort
Guanajuato, Mexico
5. Re: Driving to Guanajuato

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 31, 2009