We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Companion travelers for GDL 6/29-July 5

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
3 posts
Save Topic
Companion travelers for GDL 6/29-July 5

I am a 40 year old woman traveling solo and would appreciate advice on how to meet companions for exploring Guadalajara and nearby towns during my time there. Thank you very much!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Companion travelers for GDL 6/29-July 5

Have you had any luck? I am traveling solo in Guadalajara in August looking for the same.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Companion travelers for GDL 6/29-July 5

Hi Kenneth,

I haven't received any messages from this forum, but I did connect with a couple of friendly people through www.couchsurfing.com. I'd recommend that as a place to start. I also tried out travbuddy.com, but they won't allow you to read any messages unless you pay.

Finally, rather than staying in a hotel, I decided to stay at one of the higher-rated hostels, where I'm renting a private room. The benefit is that there are organized activities and it's likely that there will be other solo travelers to go exploring with.

Good luck and have fun!

Jennifer

3. Re: Companion travelers for GDL 6/29-July 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2015