We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day of the Dead 2013

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Day of the Dead 2013

My husband and I will be in Guadalajara for my best friends wedding Nov 1-5. We are staying in what I call "downtown" GDL at Hotel Morales. Does anyone have any suggestions of festivities going on that weekend for the Day of the Dead that we should check out? Or maybe things to be aware of as we are trying to get around...parades, crowded areas, etc? We will be busy enjoying the wedding festivities Saturday evening but I love to immerse myself in the culture of the places I travel so I'd appreciate some suggestions:) I hear the Day of the Dead Festivities are a can't be missed experience.

BC
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day of the Dead 2013

You might like to read this, it might be helpful:

http://casadelasflores.com/blog/?p=87

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day of the Dead 2013

First go to the Belin Pantheon, it is more interesting and older than the cemetery in New Orelans, and has ghosts or spirits. Each Friday there is an insert in the Publico Newspaper, the OCIO tells you what is happening in Guadalajara and if you have limited Spanish much of it is easy to figure out. Your Hotel Morelas is centrally located and has its own history, ask the concierge. ENJOY you time in Guadalajara and the wedding.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day of the Dead 2013

Panteon de Belen is indeed interesting, especially on November 1-2. There is also a parade or procession of the Catrinas in the historic downtown district. Last year, they had about 200 Catrinas in the Rotunda de los Hombres Ilustres, which is right next to the Cathedral.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day of the Dead 2013

Hey! I am also going to be in GDL from oct 31-nov 5 and would love to meet up with some people to check out the sights! Ill be near the hotel morales, at a hostel a couple of blocks

away. Want to meet?

5. Re: Day of the Dead 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 02, 2014