We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Historic downtown hotel - Morales or de Mendoza

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
210 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Historic downtown hotel - Morales or de Mendoza

I've narrowed my hotel choice down to these two, as based on what I've read they both seem to have good locations and the kind of historic character that appeals to me. I'm wondering if anyone who is familiar with both has any thoughts. One of my main concerns is noise. I know that any central city location is going to have street and traffic noise, but I try to avoid are hotels that are situated very close to bars with noisy late night crowds and music blaring. (I had a bad experience on a recent trip to Italy, with a bar across the street that blasted music until 3:00am, and even the double glazed windows not helping.)

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Historic downtown hotel - Morales or de Mendoza

Never had a noise problem at The Mendoza. I've stayed there 6 or so times. Great location with decent rooms.

Nice small pool.

Toronto
Level Contributor
380 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Historic downtown hotel - Morales or de Mendoza

I stayed at the Morales a few years ago. On check-in, we asked for a quiet room; it was on a high floor away from the street, so during the day it was very quiet. But at night -- the one window that opened to the outside faced into a walkway shared with a club or bar -- lots of noise until the wee hours. If we'd closed the window, it might have been ok, but we wanted the fresh air... Anyway, there are some other reviews mentioning this issue; it might be OK with a specific request, but we were unlucky in that regard.

3. Re: Historic downtown hotel - Morales or de Mendoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 21, 2014