We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental and trip from Guadalajara to Colima

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental and trip from Guadalajara to Colima

I'm thinking of renting a car from Guadalajara and driving to Colima. I would appreciate any advice: where to rent (online or there, which companies), which route, safety tips, etc.

Also, does anyone know if a UK driving license is ok to be used in Mexico?

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental and trip from Guadalajara to Colima

AVIS is one of the best, Be sure to get full inshutance.

International licence is OK. You may ask the rental company about your licence.Sersol

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental and trip from Guadalajara to Colima

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the intercity buses in Mexico. They are clean, roomy and inexpensive. Unless you need a car for another reason, my suggestion would be to take the bus to Colima.

Otherwise, shop around on-line. We almost always find some coupon or other discount for car rentals.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental and trip from Guadalajara to Colima

UK licence is fine. The route is obvious - straight south down the 54. It will only take a couple of hours but will cost 232 pesos in tolls. Oh, and I agree that doing the journey by first-class bus is a good alternative.

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental and trip from Guadalajara to Colima

Thanks, everyone. Your replies are very helpful.

5. Re: Car Rental and trip from Guadalajara to Colima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 22, 2013