We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic to International Transfer

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
90 posts
280 reviews
Save Topic
Domestic to International Transfer

I've been trying to find more information online about connections at GDL Airport, but I can't find anything.

I'm flying one airline from Los Cabos to Guadalajara and a different airline from Guadalajara to the US. Is it possible for me to make a 45-minute connection? I'll only have a small carry on and my onward ticket, but I'm worried about the distance from the domestic arrivals to the Mexican immigration counter.

Thanks!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic to International Transfer

Is there a reason you want to go to the Mexican immigration counter? You won't have to deal with immigration normally. If your ticket for your 2nd flight is all you need to board the plane then there shouldn't be a problem but surely you need to physically check in for the 2nd flight? That could be the difficulty.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
90 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic to International Transfer

I'm getting countries confused. I guess I just need to clear security and head to the gate? I'll already have my boarding pass for the second flight so I don't need to check in again until I get to the gate.

So is it pretty easy to make the connection?

Thanks for your help!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic to International Transfer

If you have a boarding pass for your 2nd flight and no need to wait for checked bags from the first flight then, yes, all you need do is head to the departure gate for your 2nd flight. Should be possible :)

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domestic to International Transfer

You should be fine IF your original flight i on time,

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Domestic to International Transfer

No need for him to check in elsewhere to present his passport and turn in his tourist card?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domestic to International Transfer

His tourist card will be collected either when he gets his boarding card for the 2nd flight or, if it's been printed online, at the gate when he presents it.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Domestic to International Transfer

OK, good to know. In Puerto Vallarta, where we normally fly from, you must appear at the check-in counter even if you only have carry-ons, so they can double check your tourist card and passport. Or at least that is what I've been told, I've never flown with just carry-ons. :)

8. Re: Domestic to International Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, June 23, 2013