We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Ajijic?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
348 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Ajijic?

While I am staying in Ajijic for 6 weeks this this summer, I would like to explore a bit. I won't have a car, so am wondering where I could go on a day-trip by bus from Ajijic?

Interested in history, culture, nature, interesting places, markets, etc.

thanks for any advice you all can offer!

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Ajijic?

The best place to explore is Guadalajra and Tlaquepaque. By guss is only 40 mnts. There are many things to see and to do.

Wellcome and HAPPY EASTER¡¡ Sersol

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Ajijic?

A regular buss is arround 40 minutes.

Dont miss the Market -Mercado Libertad.

El Expiatorio.

Palacio de Gobierno.

La Catedral.

Capilla de Aranzazu

Teatro Degollado.

Tlaquepaque town

Sersol

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Ajijic?

You could try googling Sid Grosvenor, an ex-pat who lives in Ajijic. His wife Arcelia was born and raised in Guadalajara, as I recall,. and conducts personalized, reasonably priced tours. We used their services for airport pickup and a great tour of Guadalajara and Tonala a couple years ago. We'll be booking them again for pickup at the new bus station and transport to Ajijic later this summer. Great folks!

4. Re: Day trips from Ajijic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, June 19, 2013