We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Antique Market Location?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint-Jean-sur-Riche...
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Antique Market Location?

Can anyone tell me the location of the sunday antique market in Guadalajara?

Newport News
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

Av. Mexico, from Chapultepec to Av. Americas.

Saint-Jean-sur-Riche...
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

Muchimas gracias GuadalajaraLover... what about start time? Is it an early morning market?

I'll be bringing 25 people on a bus so it is best for me to have details...

Can you recommend any paqueteria services out of Tonalá?

Castores wants me to rent a 14 ton truck from them - I don't think we'll do that much shopping :-)

Newport News
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

Sunnyventure,

By the sunday antique marquet you mean the one in Guadalajara or the Tonala Tianguis?

They both start early about 9:30 or 10 o'clock would be a good time since it is not so crowded.

On the Paqueteria let me check, how much do you think you'll be shipping?

Guadalajara
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

The earlier you get there the better. There is so little merchandise you might find it all gone.

To call it an "antique market" is an overstatement. I would call it junk. We've gone twice,a complete waste of time.

There are very few antique stores in Guad. All the old stuff gets re-cycled to poorer communities. The good stuff gets passed down to the kids.

Edited: 10:16 pm, March 10, 2010
Saint-Jean-sur-Riche...
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

Thankyou for that insight...

We got similar information from a local tour guide and we rescheduled to go to the Tonalá market a second time. Everyone was extremely happy and less stressed meandering back to our Tonalá hotel.

We did the Medrano Callee 66 market on Friday morning, and San Juan de Dios / Libertad in down town...

¿ Do you have any other Guadalaraja shopping adventures or restaurants that you would recommend ?

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

There are real, auntentic antique stores in Guadalajara.

One in on Union Av and Guillermo Gonzalez luna. Thr name is Bazar Union.

The other one is on Vallarta Av and Venezuela. casa Vallarta.

For goor restaurants try.

La Matera

La i Latina.

La Moresca

Paninoteca.

Talento

Sacromonte

La O

Buen provecho¡ Sersol

Seattle
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

The area of Tlaquepaque is a great place to eat, stroll and shop. shops sell jewlrey, potter, glass crafts. I was hunting for good deals on tequila so i dont remember exactly what stores there were

Guadalajara, Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

I sell at the sunday Market...I love it....I sell out in an hour and give away what's left on my table by 4 to the other dealers....You have to get there early and moesy around as people pull out their stuff.........after 10...anything that's good is gone....If You take a busload park where they can't see tha bus and have everybody go in a different direction..They can smell you coming...ask the price for 3 other items before you ask the price of what your interested in and make a face at the first 3 quoted prices..Over 65% whatever they tell you...then walk away.....and it's yours....lol.....There's lots of Mexican sterling there...Pineda, Agular, Spratling, Rebosos, Serapes, Retablos Masks..Spurs, Old toys, Pens, Bakelite..Mountais of religious....Hoards of Pottery.Ya git my drift? EARLY........So....There's a million little Bazars......hidden all over the back sreets of Guadalajara.......and very few people know what they are selling.......There is a different antique TIANGUS everyday in different parts of the city.....Also Sunday there is the Barratillo...That's cool...Thursday is Panteon Victoria...Really good in Tlaquepaque...................Tonala has only new stuff.......Ajijic has some great shops.....I have a house full of stuff!..lol..Guadalajara was founded in 1531!!! Go Figure whats there! Everyday things surface....It's VERY exciting and emotional.....Ciao! Vic

9. Re: Sunday Antique Market Location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 23, 2010