We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to guadalajara next week, any do's and dont's

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TN
1 post
Save Topic
Coming to guadalajara next week, any do's and dont's

Coming to guadalajara next week and would like to get some suggestions on what not to do. I have heard of stories of americans getting stopped by police while ridding in taxi's or walking the street and they threaten to take them to jail unless they give them some money. Just any info to help make this trip more relaxed for me would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I have nothing to worry about? Thank You

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to guadalajara next week, any do's and dont's

Spent four wonderful very safe days there in October

We took the open air tour bus, very easy way to see things and here the history. You have time to get off and explore then catch a different bus to continue on

Tonala, huge out door flea market with everything you could every want plus great local food

Tlaquepaque great for more upscale local art work and food, we stayed in that area at a great bed and breakfast Quinta Don Jose, wonderful and walking distance to so many things

Really need more time to explore but we were there with friends who had lived there and we spent alot of time visiting there old friends which was great!

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to guadalajara next week, any do's and dont's

I f you are just a tourist, and you dont related to "jurks" you wont get any of those storys. Sersol

3. Re: Coming to guadalajara next week, any do's and dont's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 31, 2010