We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Birthday Restaurant

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Birthday Restaurant

I'd very much appreciate recommendations for a romantic birthday restaurant. My wife and I will be in Guadalajara between Christmas and New Years, and I'm looking for something on the nicer to fancy side (say coat and tie for me), Mexican (we can get good Italian, etc. here) and maybe in an interesting neighborhood/building. Thanks...

Thornton, Colorado
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Birthday Restaurant

The following is a part of a post I had written before.

If you are looking for Mexican food, I would suggest El Sacromonte. They have delicious food with a great atmosphere. The service was wonderful, too. I think you would really like it.

If you are interested in international cuisine, I would also suggest Cocina 88 on Av. Vallarta and La O on Av. José Guadalupe Zuno. Both are beautiful locations – mansions converted to restaurants. At Cocina 88, there is a wide variety of fresh seafood, and you have the option of selecting your cut or ordering from the menu. La O is a fixed-price restaurant. For the price, you have the salad bar, which is quite extensive, an appetizer and a main dish. Drinks are extra. There is quite a bit of outdoor/patio seating at La O. At both of these restaurants, I have always had excellent food, fantastic service in unique atmospheres.

You can check out the websites at cocina88.com and laorestaurante.com. I could not find a web address for El Sacromonte.

I do not know where you will be staying, but all three are relatively close. Cocina 88 and El Sacromonte are quite close to each other.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Birthday Restaurant

Agree with the above poster. El Sacromonte is our favorite going back to our Luna de Miel eleven years ago. Never been disappointed with this wonderful restaurant.

3. Re: Romantic Birthday Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, May 26, 2009
Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Birthday Restaurant

Restaurant at Quinta Real hotel is very romantic, with a classical trio music.Look the photos in TA.

Also the top of the hotel Holiday Inn at Mariano Otero Av.Name is Jacaranda, with a spectacular view to Guadalajara.

Now if you want to have an unforgetable unic experience. where you can have a spectacular suite with dinner 4 dishes, candels, etc,etc I will forward you this unic place in Guadalajara.Sersol

5. Re: Romantic Birthday Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:37 am, November 25, 2009