We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest town to Juanacatlan????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
from Pa. live in NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Closest town to Juanacatlan????

Hi everyone, I am so confused. What is a town next to Juanacatlan that would have hotels? I am looking to stay in June for a couple nights, and then continue the trip to possibly PV. We would like to incorporate Juanacatlan, then travel to a hotel on the beach. Is PV the closest beach resort area??? Thanks for all your help, I am just starting my research, and know nothing about this side of the country.

Thanks, Melissa

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

melikaluvs2su. How will you get to Janacatla-Jalisco and from where you will be coming?. Best regards Sergio

from Pa. live in NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

Sergio, We were thinking of going to Puerto Vallarta for a few days and then taking a bus to Juanacatlan. The bus ride is too long (5hrs.), and so we wondered if there was a resort town we could all go to first, then go to Juanacatlan. My sister visited 20 yrs. ago,and saw his home, and cemetary of my grandfather, not sure if things will even be the same. Our family would like to go and see if we have any living relatives left in Juanacatlan. Thank you for help. Melissa

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

Hello, melikaluvs2sun.

Chapala and Ajijic are the closest resorts, please see this page.You can also see the distance to Guadalajara and the airport.

mapas-de-mexico.com/jalisco-state-mexico/jal… Sergio

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

melikaluvs2sun,

A friend of mine just tell me that there are diferent towms with the name Juanacatlan in Jalisco State. I was asuming that it was the one that is closest to Guadalajara. ¿ Do you have more information about the town? Sergio

from Pa. live in NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

I also believe it is the one closest to Guadalajara, as I remember my father telling me he was from Juanacatlan, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. ( that is a mouthful) Anyway, when my sister visited 20yrs. ago, she said the town was very very, small. I did see a picture of a beautiful white church,which my father went to while he lived there. I believe inside the church, or somewhere in the town, there is a mural, painted by Jose Clemente Orozco ( I remember this, because Orozco was my grandmother's maiden name) Maybe this helps clarify the location???? My father just passed away in April, and alot of our questions are unfortuanately unanswered. Thank you for any help, Melissa

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

Hello Melissa. Yes, I also think that is the one close to Guadalajara.

It is grace of God that you know witch church your father use to go.

I do have a strong believe that all the prayers that our parents did in a church, stay remained in the altar, and are a wonderful treasure that you can access with your prayers and faith.

You may found some answers over there. God bless you. Sergio

from Pa. live in NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

Thank you for all your help. I hope my family is able to go there to see his homeland. I will keep researching everything. I'm sure I will have more questions. Thanks, Melissa

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

Guía Roji Mapa lists two in Jalisco One South east of GLD off highway 15. The other is straight East of Puerto Vallarta but looks to be rather difficult to get to. Unless you want to take a undeveloped road you would have to go almost to GLD then back west in highway 70 to Mascota then another 20 miles or so on a secondary road.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

Probably the best place to stay for the one nearest GLD would be Tonala or Tlaquepaque. Should be less than a hour away. The other is very isolate although I suspect Mascota would have some sort of accommodations.

10. Re: Closest town to Juanacatlan????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 09, 2009