We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GDL airport lodging

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
GDL airport lodging

I will be flying out of Guadalajara at 7:40 am. (Probably need to be at the airport by 5 or 5:30am). Can anyone recommend a nice hotel that's very close to the airport? Will I have any trouble getting to the airport at that hour?

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GDL airport lodging

We stayed at Hotel Tapatio, which is the closest hotel to the airport. This is an older Mexican style hotel with large rooms, great food and as it sits on top of a hill has a great view of Guadaljara. The hotel is absolutely spotless although it is about 30 years old. I believe that we paid $47 US per night in February 2005. They provide a free shuttle to the airport on a first come first served basis so be sure to book in advance. Stay there and yo won't be disappointed.

PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GDL airport lodging

Oakydoke -

Have you heard of the Hotel Casagrande? It seems to be right next to the airport...I just can't find out anything about it.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GDL airport lodging

Hotel Casagrane is right across the road from the terminal and is connected by a bridge. I believe that it is a two star hotel in Tripadvisor ratings. Best available rate for a room (suites are available at $130US) is $97US. You can check it out at expedia.com.

PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GDL airport lodging

Thanks for your help!