We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water? A qiestion for Sersol1

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Water? A qiestion for Sersol1

I asked about a Mexican hotel. In answering that question someone mentioned a place that didn't have purified water. This surprised me because although I think the person was attempting a kindness, I don't think about water in Mexico much anymore.

I'm 62 and I grew up in San Diego with many trips to Tijuana. I had my adventures with bad water and\or food but I haven't had any for the last 20 years. I've come to think of the old advice like "don't take ice in your drink" and "drink only bottled drinks" as not being relevant.

Sersol1, the exact, narrow question is, do you worry about the quality of the Guadalajara water? I would not mind hearing from other people who live in Guadalajara but I would like to avoid the "I went to Guadalajara for a week and . . . " stories.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water? A qiestion for Sersol1

Hello Wittling.

"Guadalajara water " is too much of a wide range.

But I’ll do my best. I drink water with ice in a restaurant. I wash my tooth with the tap water (witch is not purified). Most of restaurants have those large purified water bottles or small electric purified plants.

I try not to eat in stands on the street or to buy fruit from street vendors. I don’t drink a glass of water from the tap.

Because you live in San Diego, I`m surely that your immunology system get use to Mexican regular germs. Also if you area a traveller, you are stronger to regular disease.

Now I really worry of the water that is falling like “cats and dogs” in my city, yesterday 6 dead¡¡¡

Sorry about my limited syntax in English. Best regards. Sergio

2. Re: Water? A qiestion for Sersol1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 06, 2009