We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to Guadalajara

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
The Barossa
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
going to Guadalajara

I'm going to Mexico the 27th of July and I'm planning on staying there till Thanksgiving. I'm thinking about going to Guadalajara, but if anyone has any other suggestions I'm pretty flexible. I need a library, because I'm taking my uni books with me. Other than that I'm planning on studying some Spanish and go to the gym. If I go to Guadalajara, and this is my situation and I have a limited budget, where should I stay? Home stay? Hostel? Rent an apartment? I need it to be safe as I'm bringing my laptop. I want it to be central or in a safe neighborhood. Is it fairly safe there by the way? I hope someone can give me some advice! Thanks.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to Guadalajara

Guadalajara is a good option. The city is close to the beach and to many interesting towns. There are a lot of gyms, and many options and schools to learn Spanish. There is an English library, among Spanish library’s. Cultural events are not expensive, and many are free.

Guadalajara is a big city, so you must take the normal precautions as other big city in the world. Specially with who you related.

Is a little complicate give you right orientation since budget is a concept that needs an amount. How much is your budget for rent?

Just to give you an idea. A nice full furnish apart, in residential area is about 620-680 us.

An apartment in an ok area will be 500 us(full furnish)

You can rent a room with a Mexican family in a nice are for 370 us

A Hostel, a plane room 300 us.

You may spend 15 dlls a day for 3 meals including tips.

Any other orientation I will be happy to help you. Best regards. Sergio

barradenavidad
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: going to Guadalajara

hi other option is spend a couple weeks in barra de navidad jalisco 4 1/2 hours from guadalajara there is a small and quiet town and you can found Casa Senorina B&B just 30mts to the beach they have a realy nice and clean rooms with a/c fan tv and own bath room and and the beach is acrooss the street them owners Enrrique and Cristina likes to learn spanish to them guest

other comoditi you have its wirelees internet and continental breakfast incluided

In barra de navidad have a book echange free and cristal is the owner from the gym she have vacation plan by apoiment

in your stayed in gdl go to barra it is better place for metting mexicans and learn spanish it is better than PV and cheaper to

best regards cristina

cristysolis00@hotmail.com

3. Re: going to Guadalajara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, August 15, 2009