We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in GDL

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Richland, Washington
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
One day in GDL

In April I have a Sunday free in GDL. I fly in on Saturday. Meet Friends at noon on Monday to travel. Any suggestions on how to spend my free Sunday? I have not been to GDL before.

Guadalajara
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in GDL

Lots to do in a Sunday... If staying down town just walk to near by museums. Worth of seeing are murals of Orozco at Hospicio Cabañas and Palacio de Gobierno. You can walk on sundays all main avenue (Av. Vallarta) from down town to glorieta Minerva (if you like walking). I recomend to stop and have lunch or breakfast at one of the cafees in the Zona Rosa (good choice is Chai cafe). If what you like is to go shopping (and window shopping) great Mexican artcrafts, you may go to Tlaquepaque and walk Av. Independencia. Lots of stores. Stop by El Parian and lisen Mariachi (take a tequila). Stop by Rodo Padilla and Bustamante stores. Great designs. Eat at Casa Fuerte or Restaurant Sin Nombre.

www.zangatuna.com

Eduardo

washington state
Level Contributor
552 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in GDL

Mr. Chevez, welcome to the forum. What is considered "Zona Rosa" in GDL? No guidebooks call any neighborhood by that name. My partner and I plan to visit sometime by June. What neighborhood do you recommend to stay in? I am torn between downtown, West of Downtown (Minerva Chapultapec?) or Tlaquepaque. We like walking around looking at architecture, window shopping, enjoying a coffee at a sidewalk cafe. Thinking of maybe trying the Villa Ganz Trocadero property. Any thoughts?

Richland, Washington
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in GDL

Thank you Mr. Chevez.

Sounds good. I am staying at the Hotel De Mendoza which I believe is in that area. I look forward to seeing what I can while I am there.

Guadalajara
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in GDL

Zona Rosa is the area arround Av. Chapultepec, between Monument Niños Heroes and Av. México. Its a nice place full of small coffee shops and restaurants. It is quite convenient as it is near Minerva Zone and about 10 minutes from Down Town. Villa Gantz is a great place to stay.

5. Re: One day in GDL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 30, 2009