We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xochicalco and chalma and mmalinalco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
home
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Topic
xochicalco and chalma and mmalinalco

Does anybody know what the road is like from Hwy 95 northwest through Xochicalco, chalma and Malinalco and on to Toluca? Do any busses (probably second class "chicken bus") take that route?

thanks

John

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xochicalco and chalma and mmalinalco

It's not a main highway, so it'll be slow and not very well maintained. Many buses take that route , especially now that some airlines are flying to Toluca instead of Mexico City. I would strongly advise against taking a chicken bus, as it might be painfully slow.

This is all based on experience five or six years ago, but I don't think it has changed that much since then.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
954 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xochicalco and chalma and mmalinalco

If Xochicalco is what you're really interested in -- I have a guidebook that says that there are regular busses between the Cuernavaca downtown and Xochicalco. I've never taken this bus though.

The ruins are isolated and blazing hot -- not a place where I would want to be stuck if my bus never showed up.

3. Re: xochicalco and chalma and mmalinalco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:27 am, September 11, 2009
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
954 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xochicalco and chalma and mmalinalco

I was at the ruins in May, two years ago. I think the temp. there often went into the 90s that summer. The biggest problem was the lack of shade or breeze around the ruins. Also, the higher altitude means more UV rays...

5. Re: xochicalco and chalma and mmalinalco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 31, 2009