We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City and Yucatan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City and Yucatan

HI, I am going to Mexico for a month, and am thinking of doingabout twelve days in Mexico City and surrounding colonial towns and then flying down to Yucatan for about 18 days and flying back to Vancouver out of Mexico City. Does it make sense to do the two areas? I would fly between them.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
78 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City and Yucatan

Hi, sure it does. You got plenty of time. Around Mexico City I can suggest you go to Cuernavaca, Malinalco (both south), then Puebla and Cholula (east). These are one or two days trips. Slightly farther north, but worth seeing are San Miguel Allende and Guanajuato.

There are many flights between DF (Mexico City) and Cancun. Try Interjet, I think they are the cheapest right now.

Should you need more info, maybe you can find it here:

www.iliveinmexico.com/Mexico-City.aspx…

Have a great trip.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City and Yucatan

You might want to check out the possibility of an open jaw flight, although you might have to transit the US to do this. Then you'd only need to get a o/w tcket from MEX to Cancun or Merida.

You don't say when you are planning your trip, but bear in mind that it's now getting chilly at night on the altiplano, whilst the Yucatan continues hot and humid year round.

3. Re: Mexico City and Yucatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 am, April 18, 2011