We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico city in January

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
247 reviews
Mexico city in January

Is January a good time to go to Mexico city? Moderate budget and staying 7 nights for 2 people. Would like to see the pyramids, Archaeological museum, and central square. Any other suggestion would be appreciated for other activities.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
125 reviews
1. Re: Mexico city in January

Mexico City is blessed with a very moderate climate so there really isn't a bad time to visit. January can be a little chilly but it should not prevent you from doing anything you would like. What are your interests? Mexico City has a lot to offer- many museums in addition to the archeological, markets, sports, performing arts, etc. Are you looking to spend all your time in Mexico City or would you be interested in taking a day trip to say Puebla? Do you speak any Spanish? Give us a little more info and we can make suggestions.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
8,459 posts
134 reviews
2. Re: Mexico city in January

I have been to CDMX twice (2015 & 2016) in January, and loved it both times. The weather is fantastic imho, and what the locals call cold or cool is quite pleasant to me. In fact I was quite entertained to see so many locals wearing or carrying winter coats in temps in the 70's..... it made me smile. Anyway.....

¡Diviértanse!

3. Re: Mexico city in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 11, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Central Mexico and...