We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather for July/August - Bugs?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather for July/August - Bugs?

Hello,

My husband and I are planning a trip and we have interest in Zihuatenenjo. We are wondering how hot/muggy the weather is and does it prevent you from doing activities? Does it rain a lot? Also, are there a lot of bugs?

Thanks a lot!

Kristie

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather for July/August - Bugs?

Play around on this...look at forecasts, averages and more...lots of info.

https:/…Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo-Guerrero-Mexico

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather for July/August - Bugs?

It doesn't rain "a lot", but that really is about perspective, right? Normally it rains during the night and occasionally in the early morning. If there is a storm out in the ocean, it could rain most of the day. Forecasts often....very often....call for rain and it turns out to be sunny all day without a drop. Playing with Mother Nature just never really works. What kind of bugs are you concerned about? There are no-seeums and mosquitoes year round but nothing some off on the ankles and legs won't take care of. I don't know where you are from, but there are a LOT less mosquitoes in Zihua than we have here in Manitoba during the summer. Here we can't go from house to car without a few mosquito bites. In Zihua I usually see a mosquito once every 2 weeks or so....but if you went for a walk in the jungle that would be a very different story. At this time of the year it is definitely hot, although this summer it has been unseasonably cool. Again...you just can't predict this stuff. Most people do "activities" during the mornings and evenings and save the warmer afternoons for beach & pool time, lots of shade and lots of water to drink. Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your visit!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
334 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather for July/August - Bugs?

Just got back from Z.

Certainly muggier than when I was down in May. Over 10 days it rained maybe 3 times.... long and hard....but mostly at night. Z has a great handle on insect control...few mosquitos and noseeums.

Nothing that's gonna prevent you from having a great time.

4. Re: Weather for July/August - Bugs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2017