We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking Zihua for honeymoon

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking Zihua for honeymoon

Never been to Zihua or the Pacific coast of Mexico. Looking for info on romantic, nice hotels with ocean views and near a beach. Any suggestions? Do any of them have spa treatments? Will need some pampering after all the wedding planning. Thanks for the insights.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking Zihua for honeymoon

What is your budget? A nice medium price hotel is Brisas del Mar with huge balconies & among the best views in Zihua. A bit fancier is Inter West or Villa del Sol with all the amenities including suites with private pools. Both have spas with I am told the nod going to the Villa del Sol. Now the best massage according to my wife (a former masseuse) is Antonia who sets up just below Brisas del Mar on Playa Madera. A amazing 75 minutes of heaven for 200 Pesos (about $19 US). If you would like a bit of isolation check out Casa Kau Kan on Playa Larga about 20 minutes out of town on a lovely, lonely beach. Also a smaller place with individual pools is Casa Don Francisco.

Oak Ridge, North...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking Zihua for honeymoon

If you're looking for something quiet and relaxing, I cannot possibly recommend Hotel las Palmas more strongly. We were there in August and loved every minute of it. Great food, great drinks GREAT staff, great pool, quiet beach. Perfect for a honeymoon in my opinion unless you're looking for nightlife.

They do not have a spa per se but one of the managers there is a massage therapist and gives wonderful massages. She may do other spa-type treatments as well, I'm just not sure. My wife and I got the best massages we have ever had in our room with a view of the ocean and the sounds of the waves in the background.

Washington, DC
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking Zihua for honeymoon

Thanks for the info. Has anyone been to La Casa Que Canta? It looks great. Also, what is the beach like? Clean, sandy?

Thanks again for the insights.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking Zihua for honeymoon

It's fabulous! If you can afford the tariff go for it. It is high up so not on the beach but over looks the whole bay. La Ropa is a very nice beach with good sand (except a bit rocky at the far end) & lots of activities including Banana Boats, rental sunfish types, Skidos, Parasailing etc.

Denver
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking Zihua for honeymoon

I can not say enough good things about our honeymoon at Villa del Sol. We decided on the "Honey moon in Paradise" package and stayed in a Lagoon suite. This included a few spa treatments plus breakfast and dinner every day. We would often switch our dinner to a lunch so we could go enjoy some of the great restaurants throughout Zihua. VDS has it's own private section of beach with palapas for shade and comfy lounge chairs for relaxing. I had a hard time deciding between VDS and LCQC but I really feel like we made the right choice. Neither of these places is inexpensive but if you are looking to splurge and be pampered you will be thrilled.

6. Re: Thinking Zihua for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:37 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo