We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalina Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Boston, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Catalina Beach

Zihua Rob or anyone who might be 'in the know' about the rooms at the Catalina Beach. They have availability of nos. 29, 32 & 39 for our stay next March. Does anyone know if one of these rooms has a better location than another? Thanks so much. Looking forward to Zihua next year.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalina Beach

A Expert on the Catalina is Curly a regular visitor there from Portland. His E-mail is curly@arcanet.com . He has a number of picture albums of the place. Send him a note & I know he will reply.

New Boston, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalina Beach

Peddler -- Thanks SO much for the info. I will email Curly ASAP.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalina Beach

no question that curly knows more than i do....but just my 2 cents here...

i think 29 is probably on the same level as 25, which is the room we had last april.

seemed like the PERFECT place! the walk to the beach was easy, and it was also pretty easy up to the restaurant & bar! pretty much in the middle of the two. the walk to the top was a little harder, but what the hey....lots of nice places to stop & rest & look around. i'd rather be close to the beach than close to the top! and only one flight down to the pool!

also, that was the level where there was a turnaround for cars....so if you want a car to pick you up, it's right on that level. our friends picked us up there a few times, with NO stairs involved, which was a treat!

New Boston, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalina Beach

Thanks, Dogmom. Good info.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalina Beach

i hope so, princess...it's just...a hillside...so be aware. you're gonna have to climb stairs, whichever rooms you're in. i thought 25 was perfect for us.

New Boston, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalina Beach

Peddler -- I attempted to email Curly at the address you gave me, but it comes back undeliverable. Any clues?

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalina Beach

The ole dyslexia got me. Lo siento its curly@aracnet.com.

8. Re: Catalina Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, August 22, 2009