We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Zihuatanejo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
14 posts
Save Topic
New to Zihuatanejo

We are planning our trip to Zihuat. and Trocones and would love some feedback on romantic places to stay (B&B's) or Bungalows at a reasonable rate? Also, any great restaurants or tours we can check out too? All in close proximity to surf spots a must! Very exicted for any feedback you may have!

California
14 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

Keith- Can you recommend a good fisherman boat to use? You have covinced me..sounds like fun for the day!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

I can get you the fishing boat and the cabbie...just email me...google TravelJudy and you can find me. You should have your reservations for Troncones...it is busy down in Zihua now with Mexican schools out...I would have something at least for a nite or two on arrival...running pretty full down there.

California
14 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

I will email you first thing tomorrow am. Thx again for all your help! U are awesome!!!

14. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:39 am, October 01, 2006
15. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 am, October 01, 2006
California
14 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

WOW...you planned our whole trip..LOL...thx for all your help! We will be using your ref's. Thx again!

17. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

Removed on: 9:40 am, October 01, 2006
Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

Hey E!

Glad your going to get out fishing for a day! The old addage about a bad day fishing is better than a good day working!

I only have one recomendation for boat capt., not because they are not ALL good, but because he's the only guy down there I go out with. Luis Maciel on the Gringo Loco. And my recomendation is for tuna. If your wanting a different style trip, there are LOADS of good captians down there.

As a side note, what I do not recomend, is making any fishing trip reservations through hotels. I prefer to go down to the dock in Z and talk to the fisherfolks and see what is happening before I book a trip.

And there really are ALL kinds of trips, from purely fishing, to split trips where you fish out to Isle Ixtapa and grill your catch on the beach, then snorkle a bit before heading back in.

Just google Ixtapa Fishing or some such and you'll find your way to sites that can give you a better idea than I can here!

Have a Great Time !!!!!

Keith

Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
19. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

Removed on: 6:55 pm, August 16, 2006
20. Re: New to Zihuatanejo

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 12, 2009