We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the weather?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How's the weather?

We are heading to the Azul Ixtapa in 2 days. I checked weather underground and it said there would be thunderstorms and showers. I checked another site and it said it would be sunny every day? If anyone is down there now, please let me know what to expect, Thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the weather?

www.webcamsdemexico.com/webcam-ixtapa.html

Look for yourself.

Keith

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the weather?

Had a brief sprinkle in Dec or Jan (don't remember which) during the night. Other than that, haven't had rain since October. Rain at this time of the year is not usual...not until June or July when the rainy season begins.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the weather?

Your biggest problem will not be rain but TOO much heat and sun--be careful. If you like to walk, go early in the morning and take water with you. Drink water all day. If you start to feel sick, it's probably not the food but the heat and dehydration.

Edited: 2:32 pm, February 26, 2014
BC
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the weather?

I left there on Sunday. Perfect weather ALL the time. Yes, hot if you are walking around in the sun after say 11 in the morning. Seek out shade.

I've never been sick from food on the Pacific side of Mexico and we eat at real "hole in the wall" type places and off the street, I love home made tortillas and such. However, I have a sensitive stomach and have been quick sick from food on the Yucatan side of the country last year, more than once.

Lots of Canadians, judging by the roars whenever the hockey team scored.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the weather?

Thanks everyone! We leave tomorrow now and are getting really excited. I will definitely take your advice obsession57 and make sure to drink lots of water and take care around the heat.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How's the weather?

Yes, the weather will be virtually guaranteed to be perfect, if not a little TOO hot. (Although we like the heat...only Huatulco was truly 'too hot' for us, ever!)

have fun!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How's the weather?

I find that first afternoon after check-in a bit warm, and tent to hit the shade and the breeze.

After waking up that next morning? It's perfect whatever it is.

Keith

Edited: 3:59 pm, February 26, 2014
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,830 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's the weather?

Follow weatherspark.com

It is very accurate and you can store 3 locations...so fun to compare Mexico to your home...and then add another place...

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How's the weather?

Thanks again for the input. We had 7 wonderful days there. It was hot and sunny every day. After getting a little burned the first day (despite several re-applications of sunscreen!), we got into the habit of heading back to the room to nap during the hottest part of the afternoon. Overall though, I loved Ixtapa and am already planning our return next year.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How's the weather?

Welcome to our addiction.

Keith

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo