We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Zihua...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, CA
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in Zihua...

I've never been to Zihua but I've heard great things about it. Can't decide where to stay however. Looking for a nice room with all the amenities, nice beach location, etc. Which is a nicer stay Zihua or Ixtapa?

1. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:55 am, July 16, 2006
maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

can't personally help you much here, having only been there once...

but may i suggest giving more information about what you WANT?

and what your budget is? what you want to do? that would help others give you more detailed advice.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

On the beach you have two main choices, Play Madera & Playa La Ropa. La Ropa has whiter sand, is much longer with a number of fine hotels over looking it from several 100,s a night to around 60 USD a night. Madera is smaller, less crowded & has darker sand with hotels/inns running from 40 USD to 150 USD a night. Madera is much more peaceful, more Mexican. La Ropa has Parasails, Skid dos, banana boats & hordes of tourists along with the higher prices that come with that type of environment. Madera has IMO the best beach café in all of Mexico in MJ & Richie's. Now not the fanciest but the most friendly staff, great food & reasonable prices. Never a charge to sit under their palapas.

PS As a Oakland resident I would be happy to answer any questions. Just email me at artclindac@yahoo.com.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

Which is nicer, really depends on you, and what your expectations are. Zihua is a bay stay, smaller more quaint hotels and B&Bs while Ixtapa is open ocean beaches with more of the modern (for MX) resort hotels. Both have their advantages! Neither is a Bad place to stay, and the upside to the area is they are a $5 cab ride from each other!

So use Trip Advisor to pull up the local hotels for both, find what you think is going to be comfortable for YOU, and go for it!

Keith

5. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:55 pm, August 16, 2006
Naples, New York...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

Would like to know more about condosVeranda

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

I have been to Zihua twice and stayed both times at Villa Del Sol. It is very nice with beautiful pools and a nice beach. I am going back in the spring and staying at Amuleto..just for something different. My husband and I travel alot and like to stay at upscale small boutique hotels. Villa del Sol has added several rooms and has lost some of its charm...but still VERY nice. I have also been to

El Murmullo (the private residence at La Casa Que Canta) VERY NICE!!!! VERY UPSCALE!!! I prefer Zihua over Ixtapa...not sure why...although Ixtapa has some great restaurants. We always eat a Villa de Selva in Ixtapa. VDS has a great restaurant as does Amuleto. The beaches in this area are not like what you would find on the Caribbean side, but they are nice.

san diego
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

Condos Veranda is a nice place to stay for a week or more, although we offer daily rentals as well. We currently offer a fully furnished 2 bedroom/1 bath condo on the first floor. We though that it would be a nice touch to provide both bedrooms with thier own air conditioning; a feature that is not common in most vacation condos. You have private secure parking, just 5 driving mins. from the beach, shops, and golf. Although it is a little off the beaten path, the condo is great for tranquil relaxing vacations with your family. If you have any other questions, please email me, Carlos, at cycsandiego@aol.com.

9. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 31, 2006
Minnesota
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Zihua...

My wife and I stayed at Brisas del Mar back in April. It was excellent!

Beautiful hotel built right into the hillside. Rooms are very clean with large deck and all amenities. Wonderful staff to cater to you. Perfect location into town and neighborhood restaurants.

Zihua is authentic Mexico; while Ixtapa is more like Florida.