We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

HI all...getting ready to head out the door and make my way to Zihua.

Was typing up my "wanna do list' for when I am there and YIKES! It's gotten pretty long....being that I am just going for sun and relaxation!! :) I'll fit that in there "somewhere".....here's my list! I'll do my best to check off a bunch of them.

try the 27 spice tuna at El Mangular

M/G the Wed 20th at Paty's at 5:00 p.m.

Photo's of a.m. fishermen

stop at Daniels

Find Jimmy Mamu playing somewhere one night

Ixtapa beach or Ixtapa Island for the day

Molecolate at Bandito's

Happy Hour at the Sunset Bar/Hotel Catalina

Pacifico beer and Tortilla soup at Elivra's

2x1 at Hotel Caracol? (pizza)

Jungle pizza

Troncone's on a day trip? Or Barra

Patio's Mexicana cooking class

One day go from one beach club to the other on LaRopa or Madera...club hopping

Check out future hotels/condo's

Los Gata's for Lobster taco's

Stop at Hotel Irma for a beer say hi to Issac

Fishing? w/ ElvaII? (or other)

A wonderful meal at Tamales ANY

Edited: 2:15 pm, November 18, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Hotel Irma
Hotel Irma
473 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
henderson
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time! It was fun to travel vicariously with you two. Sounds like a condo and hotel combo worked well for you??

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
848 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

Thank You for sharing your vacation stops and highlights. Puts a warm smile on my face in this deep freeze.

Happy future travels and planning!

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

Jeff.....We loved the condo stay for our 11 days. Would have stayed longer but it was booked previous to our booking. No worries ...looked around compared prices and found Irma to be lowest. But yes the combo worked well for us.

Dreamer300...You are welcome. I remember when I was new to researching the Zihua area I was hungry for info so maybe some of this will help a newbie...or put the regular Zihua people "there" till they get back again. Happy Planning to you...... :)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

Sweet!

Glad that you had a time of it MH!!

Chewing the insides of my cheeks waiting for March!

Keith

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
925 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

Hi Maryann, glad you had a great trip. We had an awesome trip too and can not wait until next year. We were so pleased to be able to meet you and I thank you again for the info you sent us prior. Hopefully, we will see you next year. I always enjoy your comments, so positive! We also have many things still on our list and have added some new ones as well. I think we are now officially Zihua addicts, just can't get enough!

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

You are welcome !! So great to meet both you and your husband.

Glad your condo worked out well for you also. Already hoping to be back in Zihua for two weeks in the Fall of 2014 ourselves.

I'm with you...still so many things to check off our list. All the more reason to go back...AND..I found ANOTHER 200 peso's cleaning out my suitcase last night. SCORE!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

If you didn't have to keep shoveling it into your vault & just retire Keith you could stay a lot longer! LOL

PS Got down to 33 the other morning here in the Bay area. Shades of Minnesota! smile

Mentioned in this post
Minnesota
Minnesota
United States
UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

Tick Tock Keith! March will be here before you know it...

Who knows I just might end up in Zihua in March. I typically take a spring trip somewhere and due to a new job my boyfriend doesn't have as much Vacation time as me...he's thinking he might use a week to go on the Harley to Sturgis this summer (I can't vacation in summer due to work restrictions)...sooo just might be going solo somewhere this spring if that's his plan and honestly I feel safe enough to go solo here for a week. We'll see somewhere along the line maybe one of my peeps or family members might get 'brave" enough to travel there w/ me...and that'd be cool too.

39. Re: Leaving soon...my list is pretty long...LOL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 14, 2014